List of Bodies of Knowledge
- A listing here does not imply a formal relationship or endorsement of these BoKs.
- A more granular mapping of SFIA skills to knowledge areas had been completed for the SWEBOK.
The Context for SFIA describes how skills, behaviours, knowledge, certifications and qualifications are related in the design of the SFIA framework.
The SFIA and Bodies of Knowledge page provides more detailed guidance on the relationship between BoKs and the SFIA framework.
Bodies of Knowledge
*To help browse the list - the table of BoKs is grouped by SFIA categories. This is a basic navigation aid only - as most of the BoKs align to SFIA skills in more than one category.
|Category*||Name||Owner / Steward||Format||Availability||Last updated|
|COBIT - IT governance||ISACA||Restricted||2019|
|EITBOK - Enterprise IT||IEEE-Computer Society||Wiki||Open||2017 v1|
|IMBOK - The Information Management Body of Knowledge||IMBOK.org||Book||Purchase||2017|
|The Open Group||HTML / PDF||Open||2020 v2|
|CYBOK - Cybersecurity||National Cyber Security Programme||Open||2019 v1/draft|
|CIISEC - Knowledge Framework||Chartered Institute of Information Security||Web||Restricted||unknown|
|TOGAF - Enterprise Architecture methodology||The Open Group||Web||Open||2018 v9.2|
|EABOK - Enterprise Architecture||Mitre / EA Community||Website||Open||created 2018|
|ITABoK - Information Technology Architecture Body of Knowledge||IASA||Website||Open||2015? v2|
|BIZBOK - Business Architecture||Business Architecture Guild||Restricted||2019 v8|
|DMBOK - Data Management||DAMA International||Book||Purchase||2017 v2|
|ABOK - Analytics||INFORMS||Book||Purchase||2018|
|CIPS - Computing and IT BOK||Canadian Association of IT Professionals||Open||2012|
|IREB - Requirements Engineering||IREB||Website||Open||n/a|
|BABOK - Business Analysis||IIBA - International Institute of Business Analysis||Book / Digital||Purchase||2015 v3|
|BPM CBOK - Business process management||ABPMP||Book / Digital||Purchase / Restricted||2019 v4|
|APM - Project Management||Association for Project Management||Book||Purchase||2019 v7|
|PMBOK - Project Management||Project Management Institute||Book / Digital||Purchase||2017 v6|
|PMBOK - Project Management||PMI||Book / Digital||Purchase||2017 v6|
|Scrumstudy||Book / Digital||Open||2017 v3|
|CMBOK - Change Management||Change Management Institute||Book||Purchase||2013|
|SWEBOK - Software Engineering||IEEE-Computer Society||Wiki / PDF||Open||2014 v3|
|PMBOK - Software Extension||PMI, IEEE-CS||Book / Digital||Purchase||2013 v5|
|SEBOK - Systems Engineering||INCOSE, IEEE-Systems Council||Wiki / PDF||Open||2019 v2|
|TBOK - Test||ISTQB||tba||tba||planned|
|TMap - Test Management||Sogeti, part of Cap Gemini||Web / Books||Open||continuous|
|USMBOK - Service Management||USMBOK||Website||Open||2018|
|SIAM - Service Integration and Management||Scopism||Book / PDF||Open||2020 v2|
|SABOK - Systems administration||SABOK||Web||Open||not dated|
|QBOK - Quality||American Society for Quality||Web/PDF||Open/Restricted||2015 v2|
|IT Quality Index||Q4IT||Book/Digital||Purchase||2019|
|SHRMBOCK - Human Resources||SHRM||Open||2017|
|HRBOK - Human Resources||HR Certification Institute||Book||Purchase||2017|
|CTR - Human capital processes||Center for Talent Reporting||Web||Open /||continuous|
|ProdBOK - Marketing & Product Management||AIPMM||Book / Digital||Purchase||2013|
|BRMBOK - Business Relationship Management||
Business Relationship Management Institute
Interactive / Book
Open to Members / Purchase
Continuous updates / Book 2014 v2
|OPBOK - Outsourcing||IAOP||Book / Digital||Purchase||2014 v10|
Additional Bodies of Knowledge
- Currently this list has focussed on source material which is explicitly labelled or structured as a BoK.
- There are, of course, other resources which fill a similar need. Many of them are well known so have not been an immediate priority for this initiative.
- We plan to add to this list and create a useful resource for SFIA users
- If you use or know of other "body of knowledge type" resources please contact the SFIA Updates Manager with your suggestions
- They do not need to be called "a body of knowledge" - but if they are a source of knowledge used by practitioners to guide their work then they could be listed here
- This was a collaborative effort with volunteers from the IEEE-CS Professional & Educational Activities Board (PEAB) Engineering Disciplines Committee and the SFIA 7 Software Engineering Working Group.
- listing and cross-promotion of bodies of knowledge and SFIA,
- mapping SFIA skills and competency levels to the Knowledge Areas in your BoK,
- development of generic SFIA role profiles related to your professional discipline. When aligned to SFIA skills and skill levels these provide a valuable resource for HR professionals, line managers, practice managers and practitioners.