#84 New skill - Team/Exec Support: change request deferred
The currently isn't a specific skill that covers the role of Team Administrator / Personal Assistant / Exec Assistant adequately.
New skill proposed - Team/Exec Support
Some aspects of PROF3/BUAN3/RLMT4 might be used to describe some of the functions of the team admin / personal assistant / exec assistant role, but these are often just the "closest fit" and not necessarily a good fit. Although some aspects of working in the team are already covered by Business Skills in the LoR again these don't fully describe the very necssary function performed. Argually this role is more necessary in many IT departments than someone performing marketing/sales/etc.
The skill would cover: Coordination and control of existing team resources (including people, tools, space, technology) on behalf of the team or one or more managers.
Activities included across the levels would include things like:
- Managing diaries / calendars, arranging meetings and travel plans
- Monitoring and coordination of coorespondence, and regular communications, including responding on behalf of the team/manager where appropraite.
- Assist in planning for an running meetings (e.g. through preparing and agreeing the agenda, taking minute and distributing to the team etc)
- Act as the guardian of premuim resources (e.g. their manager's time, or an expensive peice of equipment) ensuring only appropriately prioritised activity is scheduled.
- Assists the team/manager in ensuring they have the information needed to support ongoing processes and changes in processes.
- Provision of a secretarial service / administrative support function.
Attached to People management