#8 REQM - Improvements to address needs of Software Engineering
Some changes in emphasis and wording across the Skill description and skill level descriptions to ensure Software Engineering is addressed.
Areas to review:
- Focus on requirements in general - not an over emphasis on business solution requirements
- Scope management should be part of Project management.
- Ensure reference to requirements elicitation, documentation and change management.
- Consider best way to address engineering skills related to verification and validation - is it standalone or part of each engineering skill?
This change request is one of a number which are proposing revisions to SFIA to ensure it fully supports Software Engineering while retaining overall industry wide applicability and integrity.
The updates will support:
- The Software Engineering & Technology industry, it's employers and professionals to close skill gaps, attract and retain talent and improve the performance and productivity of engineers
- Alignment of Software Engineering training / accreditation
- Professional development through the IEEE-CS and other professional bodies representing software engineers
- Universities, technical institutes, and other higher education organisations to support professional education and accreditation and enhance the employability of their students
Also need to consider the relationship (e.g. unique skills and overlapping skills) between Software Engineering and IT.
Attached to Requirements definition and management