#20 TEST - Improvements to address needs of Software Engineering
Some changes in emphasis and wording across the Skill description and skill level descriptions to ensure Software Engineering is addressed.
Areas to review:
- If this skill is primarily focused on defect detection and quality control of software executables; should we call it Software or Systems Testing
- Ensure skills for defect prevention and defect removal are covered elsewhere in SFIA
- Ensure skill descriptions do not imply organisational structures so can cover Testing CoE approaches as well more integrated org structures and roles
This change request is one of a number which are proposing revisions to SFIA to ensure it fully supports Software Engineering while retaining overall industry wide applicability and integrity.
The updates will support:
- The Software Engineering & Technology industry, it's employers and professionals to close skill gaps, attract and retain talent and improve the performance and productivity of engineers
- Alignment of Software Engineering training / accreditation
- Professional development through the IEEE-CS and other professional bodies representing software engineers
- Universities, technical institutes, and other higher education organisations to support professional education and accreditation and enhance the employability of their students
Also need to consider the relationship (e.g. unique skills and overlapping skills) between Software Engineering and IT.
Attached to Testing