The vast majority of users of the SFIA Framework may do so under a free-of-charge licence.
You can access the SFIA Framework without registering to browse online and this enables organisations to provide links to SFIA content where required. While this allows for links and easy browsing you should register as a user and select the appropriate licence - this gives you full access.
Benefits of registering for use
In addition to browsing online or enabling links, by registering as a SFIA user and selecting the appropriate licence you have the following benefits:
- Access to the SFIA Complete Reference Guide for download
- Access to other SFIA resources
- You may be informed of important updates to the SFIA Framework and SFIA Resources
- You may be consulted on updates to future versions of the SFIA Framework and other SFIA Resources
Once you have registered and chosen the SFIA licence you need, you can access all of the SFIA materials.
You can browse SFIA online
Browsing online allows you to see the complete SFIA Framework:
- All professional skills, each with an overall definition, and with differential definitions at the levels at which the skill is recognised.
- This information is supported by introductory material, and by generic definitions of the seven standard levels of attainment.
The browsable information is available in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, French Canadian, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish..
You can download SFIA publications
While the SFIA summary Chart is available for download without registering, all other SFIA Resources are available once you have registered on the site and logged in. These resources include a number of PDF files:
- SFIA Framework Reference Guide: the complete SFIA information: the same information as in the browsable web pages
- Summary chart: a single sheet showing skills and levels diagrammatically (size: A3, 420 mm x 297 mm)
- Moving to SFIA7: a transition guide for users moving from the previous version of SFIA
- SFIA Framework as a spreadsheet: to build into your own internal management framework
- Additional guidance material that is made available
The chart and reference guide are available in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, French Canadian, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish